Scoreboard Demo - License Me! Live, No-Refresh Updates
Prep Scoreboard - Demo (Do you want this on Your website?)
In Five years I don't think we have ever went down ... we are putting the site offline for only a few days, March 7th - 2012, as we are switching to a new server and upgrading. In year six look for our pick'em contest to return, our coach provided conference polls, team info with coaching staff and players, top players, featured team player of the week, and of course our live updated scoreboard. See ya soon!
Time to Reflect on 618 Football After Five Years
As I do some major updates on the website, and get set to bring you the fourth different unique version of 618 Football in the upcoming sixth year I thought it only fitting to reflect on some things we have done and accomplished. 618 Football started off as a Masters Thesis Project built to promote regionalism and community team spirit in the 618 Area Code of the Southern part of Illinois.
I donít still have all of these features, but I am but one guy. I have been trying to master and area and then bring few features. Some I wish I have keep going, others I am glad I left behind.
- Live Video Streaming of Football Games.
- Weekly and Season Pickíem contests. Overall winner received a $200+ gift.
- Interviews and articles published in daily newspapers in three states.
- Very strong online forum community.
- Licensing my special live scoreboard to 4 different sport websites.
- Coach Questionnaires from 50+ coaches per year that fill out our rosters, top athletes, and coaching staff sections.
- Spinoff websites such as 217Football.com, IllinoisPigskin.com and 618Basketball.com. I wish I would have had time to devote fully to each website.
- Photographers and media passes at State Football Championship Series.
- Media pass at a Division I football school.
- Full DVDís available for purchase of several football playoff games, including a championship game. One game was an edited mix of three cameras. This includes an All-Star game.
- Edited full highlight videos produced for 5 athletes, all who went to play college football. Now I leave this feature to my sponsor, Team First Media.
- Growth of fan support. Especially proud of this with me doing very limited advertisement, it is mostly word of mouth. As seniors graduate, a fan base rotates ever 2-3 years in high school.
- News sometimes breaking first on the site, even before major media picks it up. Sadly, I donít do too many news articles anymore.
- I am still not a journalist, but my pre-season football previews are improving.
- Live hosted chat with WSIL-TV3 for the past 3 years.
- Weekly shout outs mentioned by broadcasters and show hosts around the area.
- Being a featured Playoff Pairing Show call-in for the IHSA playoffs.
- Steadily carrying a 3K-5K web audience every Friday for 5 years.
- Last year the Team First Media Player of the Week voting on facebook, where up to 5K votes were cast in a single day on facebook was great to see. I have seen a similar constest for the AFL MVP of the week pull in only 200 votes.
- Continued sponsor growth, increased Google Adsense growth each year.
- 372,521 web searchers finding our website via online search engines.
- 166,259 people directly entering in our address of 618football.com
- 133,868 people and websites, gladly referring visitors to us.